Building on a Solid Foundation
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.” (Matthew 7:24)
At GLA, the Christian world view is the foundation, and everything we do is here connected to God. As a school strongly committed to Christian education, we provide the following:
- Worship Service once a week
- Daily Devotional at the start of the day
- Chaplain Counselling
- Devout Christian teachers and staff
- Mission Trips
- Biblical principles in the curriculum
- Apologetics and Christian Ethics program
GLA Statement of Faith
At GLA, we believe:
- 1 In one God, the creator of heaven and earth, who eternally co-exists in the persons of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- 2 That the Bible, comprised of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God as originally written, is inspired by the Spirit of God, entirely free from error, and is the revelation of His will, the salvation of men and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- 3 In the sovereignty and grace of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- 4 In Jesus Christ, the Saviour of man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully man.
- 5 That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only by grace through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and eternal life be obtained.
- 6 That Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, died for our sins, that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scripture. He ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of God, He is our High Priest and advocate.
- 7 In Christ’s substitutionary death, the shed blood, and resurrection as the sole ground for salvation and justification for all who believe and that those who receive Jesus Christ as their personal saviour are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God.
- 8 The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age, to convict man, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
- 9 In the ordinance of water baptism of believers and communion to be observed by the local church. However, they are not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
- 10 In one church, the body of Christ composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united in Jesus Christ who is the head; practically expressed through the local church as the place of membership and accountability where each believer is to be discipled and empowered as a witness to their faith.
- 11 That every believer in Christ shall manifest, through the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit including the charismatic gifts enumerated in I Corinthians 12 – 14, a joyful, living witness to the transformational power of Christ.
- 12 That God instituted marriage as a lifelong covenant between one man and one woman for the purpose of companionship, encouragement, sexual intimacy and procreation.
- 13 In the reality and personality of Satan.
- 14 That the Lord Jesus Christ will return triumphantly at the end of this age to judge all who have rejected Christ to eternal separation from God and to unite the believers with Christ to reign eternally with God in glory.
- 15 In the resurrection of both saved and the lost; those that are unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We also believe that Heaven and Hell are real places.